Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goals for the New Year

Happy Holidays everyone! It's been way too long since I blogged, life as a nursing student/climber/landlord/husband is busy... but that's no excuse. I apologize to my readers and I'll put an end to my online absence right now.

Summit of Liberty Bell. Photo: Max Hasson
I climbed a few FA's this summer that I have not reported. They were exciting adventures that I will recount here or link to here in the near future so stay tuned for those.

Forging ahead on new ground high on the West Face Wall, Mt. Stuart. Photo: Jens Holsten.
Currently I'm layed out on the couch (during xmas break...HARSH). As such I've got plenty of time to think about the future. I'm preparing my current training plan for 2012 and as should be the start of any training plan i will begin with my goals.

Preparing to stare down the devil in Terror Creek. Photo: Blake Herrington.
Last year was a busy one. Year one of nursing school is particularly brutal as the learning curve is very steep. My training plan failed miserably in the wake of an exceptionally taxing spring and summer quarter. While I did accomplish a number of goals in the alpine, my rock skills took a severe beating and I felt like I ended the season much weaker then I started. This list is intended to keep me focused and motivated on the smaller stone throughout the next year. I chose 7 climbs in 5 of my favorite disciplines:

***Climbs in red font have been SENT!

Bouldering
Premium Coffee V7 - 5/20/12
Zorro Sit Start V8 - 5/31/12
Was V8
Batman V8
Jerry Garcia V8
Mushashi V9
Superman V10
The Practitioner V11



Traditional
No Such Thing as a Free Lunge 11+ Castle Rock, LTown - 4/10/12
Full Model Worker 11+ Index - 7/14/12 - Flash
Shirley 11+ Lower Town Wall, Index
Stevens Pass Motel 11+/12- Midnight Rock, LTown
Iron Horse 11+/12- Lower Town Wall, Index
Shriek of the Mutilated 12- Lower Castle Rock, LTown
Squeak of the Humiliated 12- Lower Castle Rock LTown
Narrow Arrow Direct 12+ Lower Town Wall, Index
Supercrack 12+ Midnight Rock, LTown

Even Steven 11-, Index, WA. Photo: Dave Elder
Sport 
Appassionata Sonata 12a/b Jigsaw Wall, Vantage
Little Jupiter (medium) 12bThe Country, Index
Technorigine 12c World Wall, Little Si
Propaganda 12c World Wall, Little Si
Jugulator 12c The Sanctuary, Vantage
Ruthless 12d Drip Wall, LTown
Heart Transplant 13a Main Cave, Nason Ridge - 5/14/12

Lowland Multi-Pitch
Iconoclast to Edge of Space 11- Snow Creek Wall, LTown - 5/25/12
East Face 11+ Bridge Creek Wall, LTown
Japanease Gardens Full 11++, Lower Town Wall, Index
University Wall 12- Squamish, B.C.
Wildest Dreams 12 Upper Town Wall, Index
Good Girls Like Bad Boys 12 Upper Town Wall, Index
The Green Dragon 12+ Upper Town Wall, Index

Jens Holsten and I wondering, "where do we go from here?" Bridge Creek Wall. Photo: Max Hasson
Alpine Rock
Project X
Project Y
Project Z
Tooth and Claw (rebolt and free) 12- Lexington Tower
The Independence Route 12-R Liberty Bell
Let it Burn 12- CBR
The Tempest Wall Free 12+ CBR

Wide-eyed, Freedom Rider, Liberty Bell. Photo: Aaron Scott
It's unrealistic to think I'll climb them all this season, but it's nice to consolidate some goals. I hope this gets everyone psyched to crush. 2012 is right around the corner, let's make it a good one!

1 comment: